Michael S. Bloom, M.D.
Dr. Bloom is a pediatric ophthalmologist providing both medical and surgical eye care. His specialties include tear drainage problems, lid droop in children, retinopathy of prematurity as well as pediatric and adult strabismus.
Education and Training
Dr. Michael S. Bloom earned his medical degree from the Ohio State University College of Medicine. He served his ophthalmology residency at Kresge Eye Institute at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. He completed an internship at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. In addition, Dr. Bloom has completed a pediatric ophthalmology fellowship at The Children’s Hospital of Michigan in Detroit.
Some of Dr. Bloom’s numerous awards and honors include: winning second place at the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine Alpha Omega Alpha Research Symposium, earning Honors Citations for Individual Study in Ophthalmology and Ophthalmology Clinical Rotation, receiving Letters of Commendation in Family Medicine and Radiology, being awarded the Roessler Research Scholarship, making the Deans List and belonging to Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma Honor Societies.
Services provided by Dr. Bloom:
- Strabismus & Double Vision
- Tear Drainage Problems
- Congenital Cataracts & Glaucoma
- Lid Droop in Children
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Traumatic Ocular Injuries
- Complete Eye Examinations
- Medical & Surgical Treatment
- Color Vision Testing
- Visual Rehabilitation, including low vision evalution
- Visual Acuity Testing in nonverbal children, including older children with developmental disabilities
Dr. Bloom sees patients at Whitewater Eye Center of Richmond.